We're often told about the importance of brushing and flossing for the health of our teeth and gums. Neglecting these hygiene habits such as daily brushing and flossing could lead to gum inflammation leading to oral systemic problems, localized and generalized infections and periodontal (gum) disease. When left untreated, periodontal disease results in bone loss, loose teeth, and gradually, tooth loss not to mention the Medical problems such as Heart disease, Diabetes and autoimmune disorders…. Scary stuff!
Periodontal Disease can result from:
- Lack of daily brushing and flossing
- Incorrect brushing technique
- Smoking or tobacco use
- Poorly-controlled genetics
- Lack of routine checkups or professional cleanings.
- Maintain regular regimen of brushing (power brush such as Sonicaire) and flossing
- When brushing your teeth, gently direct the brush bristles under the gumline to disrupt bacterial growth and formation of plaque
- Use an antiseptic mouthwash everyday.
- For those who don't floss regularly use Air Floss to supplement your flossing regimen.
- Maintain regular dental checkups and teeth cleanings to monitor your oral health